This week I am trying to be a good mom. *sigh* It is harder than working a job. First, knowing that I am potentially, if not for sure, screwing up this child to needing permanent therapy sessions for life. The second thing would be that I cannot blame anyone else but me for the damage done to her. Everyone will know that during her "precious" formative years I was the one hanging out with her 24/7. So back to trying to do the right thing. Ryann has been able to get out of bed now for about 3 weeks. She was getting out of her room on numerous occasions and visiting the family at various times of the night. 3 a.m. is not when you want to turn over in bed and have little eyes glistening in the dark at you!!!! She is very very quiet on these night ops. too! The ultimate kick into being safety conscious was when I woke up to find my lovely daughter helping me out by cleaning the stove with 409 and her bottle brush. I thought I was doing well to protect her from the chemicals of the house, but she can now break into the plastic thing that goes over the knobs. So we decided to take out the crib....no need for her to have to struggle by climbing over the rail....we wouldn't want this to be difficult for her. Let her have a big girl bed. Then decided that we needed to lock her into her room. Please spare me the lecture about child rearing and the damage I am doing with locking her in. I'd rather not have her out drinking the Drano. We invested in the covers over the door knobs....which have deterred her for about a week now....so instead of getting up and moving about the house freely, she now gets up at 5 a.m. and beats on her door screaming until I come and talk to her. THERAPY is gonna be expensive!
Friday, February 4, 2011
Mom...the baby is escaping!!!
This week I am trying to be a good mom. *sigh* It is harder than working a job. First, knowing that I am potentially, if not for sure, screwing up this child to needing permanent therapy sessions for life. The second thing would be that I cannot blame anyone else but me for the damage done to her. Everyone will know that during her "precious" formative years I was the one hanging out with her 24/7. So back to trying to do the right thing. Ryann has been able to get out of bed now for about 3 weeks. She was getting out of her room on numerous occasions and visiting the family at various times of the night. 3 a.m. is not when you want to turn over in bed and have little eyes glistening in the dark at you!!!! She is very very quiet on these night ops. too! The ultimate kick into being safety conscious was when I woke up to find my lovely daughter helping me out by cleaning the stove with 409 and her bottle brush. I thought I was doing well to protect her from the chemicals of the house, but she can now break into the plastic thing that goes over the knobs. So we decided to take out the crib....no need for her to have to struggle by climbing over the rail....we wouldn't want this to be difficult for her. Let her have a big girl bed. Then decided that we needed to lock her into her room. Please spare me the lecture about child rearing and the damage I am doing with locking her in. I'd rather not have her out drinking the Drano. We invested in the covers over the door knobs....which have deterred her for about a week now....so instead of getting up and moving about the house freely, she now gets up at 5 a.m. and beats on her door screaming until I come and talk to her. THERAPY is gonna be expensive!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





You are so funny Ginger! And seriously what a girl Ryan is! You definitely have your hands full!
ReplyDelete