Tuesday, February 15, 2011

I should keep my big mouth shut!



OMG....I thought I wanted flowers for my anniversary....No I guess I really wanted some alien looking Star Trek Klingon plant from HELL. Yikes! My hubby, as sweet as he tried to be brought home what he thought I would just adore as a 'beautiful' plant. Let me take a sec. to back up and tell you all that I am a natural plant killer. If it were not for the automatic sprinkler system outside I would be able to cultivate only dust and clay in my yard. So unfortunately at the moment six plants try to live with me, with only two that have fully adapted to life without water for months at a time. I have also managed to almost kill the two cactus plants, one died back to a mere stump and the other is shedding all the unnecessary leaves that require too much water! Hey what can I say...it is survival of the fittest around here! My dear hubby thought that I'd just love to take on this new responsibility trying to keep yet another thing alive around here. (I sometimes struggle to remember to feed the animals and the children! J/K stop dialing DCFS!) My goal for my anniversary gift will be to keep it alive until next year...but I would even settle for keeping it alive for the next week! PS....I did manage a killer deal on a dozen roses and I bought them...yep for myself dammit! But I can watch these ones droop and die and not feel one bit bad about chucking them in the garbage can after a few days! Love it....beautiful flowers and no guilt when the shrivel up and die!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment