Poor Poor Luca....being an exchange student has been quite the experience for him. He was for-warned about our 'brutal' winters and now we are having some type of heat wave...LOL and to add insult to injury....he just had to clean a bathroom for the FIRST time in his life....I might just have to shed a tear about that one. He actually thinks that it is very strange to have your children do things around the house....and all this time I really thought I was teaching my children respect for ones surroundings, resposibilities for their successful futures, and to do a good days work. Come to find out I am just exploiting and abusing my kids, by European standards.....Thank God I am American. I have grown to really appreciate what I can do for myself and how the differences between my lifestyle and others can help us to grow. I have loved all my kids and I hope that in some small way I leave a lasting mark on them...like they do on me. I can tell you know I know for sure that I have left a lasting scar on poor Luca, but he will survive and live to clean the toilet once again here at the Casper house :P
Monday, December 13, 2010
Nothing but Trauma and Drama around here!
Poor Poor Luca....being an exchange student has been quite the experience for him. He was for-warned about our 'brutal' winters and now we are having some type of heat wave...LOL and to add insult to injury....he just had to clean a bathroom for the FIRST time in his life....I might just have to shed a tear about that one. He actually thinks that it is very strange to have your children do things around the house....and all this time I really thought I was teaching my children respect for ones surroundings, resposibilities for their successful futures, and to do a good days work. Come to find out I am just exploiting and abusing my kids, by European standards.....Thank God I am American. I have grown to really appreciate what I can do for myself and how the differences between my lifestyle and others can help us to grow. I have loved all my kids and I hope that in some small way I leave a lasting mark on them...like they do on me. I can tell you know I know for sure that I have left a lasting scar on poor Luca, but he will survive and live to clean the toilet once again here at the Casper house :P
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment