So this past weekend we found a good deal on a stroller. Enough said...Now I have to use it. My ongoing Goal/New year's resolution/dream/medical issue is of course to LOSE WEIGHT. And like any other obese person I am full of excuses, whining all the time but never getting into action....blah blah blah. I even dream that by sitting on the couch and watching others losing weight, and working out that it will magically change me. And yes my mind probably believe that it will work!!LOL
I have a goal, which is to lose 100# and then the hubby has to buy the Harley Davidson that I want....did I mention that I cannot drive one?? Any way I have always wanted to drive a harley. I refuse to be the size I currently am and ride the harley. Now back to I have no excuse to not at least...and I mean at least get out and walk.
So I think that I have done pretty good. Last week I walked up to the meeting that I attend every Thursday and home....then I walked to pick Wes up from Musical Mustangs at school on Monday...then today I walked down to the high school to attend a fun lunch activity that my aunt was putting on for the kids. The funny part is every time I have walked somewhere...everyone is in shock!! Not because I am walking...mainly because someone would actually walk somewhere instead of drive.
I think that if more people were on my case and more people supported walking as a form a transportaion people might become more physically active. My excuses in the past have been such as...."it's too expensive for my to buy a gym membership"....okay....walking is free....biking is free....throwing a ball is free....what is my problem??
Motivation, follow through, staying focused. You would think that my diabetes alone would motivate change in my life....no...after having diabetes for twelve years... I have learned to cheat through having to lose weight!!! Yes I learned how to eat horribly still and keep my blood sugar under control, but my weight is out of control.
So, I guess my whole point is that when you see me walking....don't be shocked that I didn't drive:)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment