Wednesday, August 11, 2010

I know what we are gonna do today....


Wesley is turning 8 on Sunday!! I cannot believe that for eight wonderful years he has touched my life!!! Before he was born I was told that he may not even make it through his own birth. He sure has proved that anything is possible. He is such an amazing kid....even with that said he is a kid and can drive me crazy from time to time. :) I remember how in the beginning I had really wondered if I could handle all his problems, and the one thing that I kept thinking about was how my grandma had told me years before that " God doesn't put things in our lives that we cannot handle." I know that many of you have heard this pearl of wisdom before and probably many times. This one statement helped me to get through some really hard times. Even when I had no idea why the things where happening the way they were.....I realize now that I had small measures of faith that God would make it work toward a bigger plan. Wesley was never meant to be, but here he is. From him I have gained a greater understanding that life is not just about me, that I affect others around me every day, that I am his biggest example, that my decisions shape his future. I am glad that he is my little boy and that I am his mother. I hope and pray that I can raise a wonderful person for this world to enjoy. :) I LOVE HIM!

No comments:

Post a Comment